Rockford, IL
A 36-year-old female asked about a 38-year-old female:

If i'm taking norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) and valum, what can i take for the flu?

Dr. Warren Wolfe
Depends: How long have you been ill? If your diagnosis is correct and you have been feeling ill less than 48 hours see your family physician for a prescription that may ameliorate you symptoms. Otherwise there is not much more in the way of medication. What you can do to hasten recovery for the flu is stop smoking if you smoke, get plenty of rest and fluids like juices even just plain water.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.