A member asked:

When i was a young child i put an old thermometer in the microwave and it exploded. could i be at risk of mercury poisoning ten years later?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Ward Dean answered

Specializes in Holistic Medicine

It doesn't take much mercury to be toxic. If you ate any food that was prepared in the microwave, no telling how much methylmercury you've consumed. I recommend you see a physician member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) or International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM) for evaluation for treatment. I would use a combination of oral DMSA and IV or oral EDTA.

Answered May 16, 2015

3.3k views

Thank

Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
appScreen
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

How much fish do you have to eat to get mercury poisoning?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

Wanted to know if i can get mercury poisoning from silver filling?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor
...