U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old member asked:

What is the medical term for an eye laceration?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sadiqa Stelzner
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
Depends: It depends what part of the eye ball. The eye lid laceration call the same. There is corneal laceration, conjuctival laceration or if it's penetrating laceration of the eye ball either through cornea or sclera then it's call ruptured globe.

Similar questions

A 28-year-old member asked:

Is there a medical term for eye boogers?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Family Medicine 44 years experience
Possibly: "eye boogers" is a colloquial term for a collection of discharge from the eye that collects on the lids and lashes and drys out forming a crust. Blenorrhea is a term for excessive discahrge of mucous. Matting or mattering of the eye is another way to describe this. It is common with allergies, viral or bacterial infecitons or irritants. Once exposed to air the dischare will dry and form booger.
Last updated May 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.