McKinney, TX

i get uti and or bladder infections often. any solutions?

Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
See below: Sometimes sexual activity in women will precipitate a bladder infection(honeymoon cystitis). Incompletely emptying the bladder when voiding can lead to recurrent infections. In many there is no recognized cause. Long term antibiotic prophylaxis is used in some patients with frequent recurrences. The antibiotics commonly used for prophylaxis are septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) and norfloxacin.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Frequent UTI's: You need to see a urologist and be evaluated for some obstruction of your urinary tract that is predisposing you to these uti. You will need a renal ultrasound, and possibly an ivp to see if you have an anatomical problem. If you are a woman, go to the bathroom and urinate after sex. Once you see a urologist, you may have an answer to your question and a solution to your problem.