will splitting my 300mg wellbutrin (bupropion) xl in half be okay or does it affect the release time? i'd like to take 150.

Dr. Johanna Fricke
49 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Time-released pills : or capsules should not be split. If you feel that your dose is too high, discuss changing to WB XR 150 mg. with your psychiatrist. Reductions in doses of psychotropic medications must be done safely, with monitoring for symptom recurrence. I assume you took SSRI's in the past, not simultaneously with each other or with WB, as the risk of serotonin syndrome would be increased.
Answered on Jun 18, 2016