IN

Have swollen tonsils form past 6 months been to docs have got all blood work and culture done everything is negative and i have a lymph node in neck??

Dr. Rawhi Omar
Pathology 46 years experience
Tonsillitis?: You probably have tonsillitis or inflammation (swelling) of the tonsils and that makes some lymph nodes in your neck to react by making more cells (lymphocyte) to fight any germs and thus the nodes become larger. It is quite common among teenagers and young individual to have what we call reactive lymphadenopathy (what I described). Lymph nodes should go back to normal as the tonsils do
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 46 years experience
What are you asking?: I would not be further concerned, unless the tonsils are causing you to have sleep apnea. I'm going to assume the lymph node is not massively enlarged. Most of your friends have at least one similar node. Your tonsils and your big lymph node are your defense troops protecting you from bacterial invaders. Be thankful for good health and get on with your life.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016