does dry skin rashes follow the vains up the leg?

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
Yes: So called "venous eczema" are skin changes that can overlie varicose veins, and are due to the underlying venous hypertension. They can be moisturized, and should get better with compression, or if you have surgery on your veins.
Dr. Ted King
Certainly can: As dr. Lerner said, the venous hypertension in varicose veins can cause this. It is often worse in the winter time when the air is drier. Moisturizing your skin helps and so do prescription cortisone creams. You'll have to see your doctor. Compression stockings can help too but the most effective thing to do is to treat your varicose veins and you shouldn't have to bother with messy creams.