U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

What can i do to lessen the inflammation?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Marvin Den
Internal Medicine 46 years experience
Depends on cause: In most instances one takes an antiinflammatory like an advil, aleve (naproxen) or even aspirin. If more is required a steroid preparation may be needed. Speak to your doctor. He knows what is going on and what would be best for you.

Similar questions

A 21-year-old member asked:

What is inflammation?

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Response of body: Inflammation is the response of body to many insults, e.g., infection, chemical injury, radiation, trauma, tissue necrosis. Acute inflammation has pain, redness, swelling, warmth and loss of function.

Related questions

A 68-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 2, 2013

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.