Egypt

I have too much phlegm how to get rid of it?

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Phlegm color?: Phlegm can be due to allergens, viruses, irritation from smoke. Chest pt (someone pounds on your back gently to not hurt you but repeatedly& firmly) can help break up the remaining mucus in addition to the mist of a hot shower, humidifier, & guaifenesin. Strengthen your immune system with vitamin d from natural sunlight (in southern states in the winter with sunblock as needed) or pills.
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management 17 years experience
Excess phlegm: Depends on the cause. Excess phlegm can be caused many things, such as upper & lower airway infection, allergies, post-nasal drip, exposure to irritants, etc. Knowing if associated with a cough would help be helpful. Trial of over-the-counter anti-histamines may help. Certain patients improve after being treated with antacids (ler) depending on the cause. Even some food allergies can cause it.