i bit my inner lip while eating like two months ago and it swelled and is tender and still hasn't gone away. what is it and how do i fix it?

3 doctor answers
Dr. John Comisi
37 years experience Dentistry
See your dentist: I would suggest that any time an injury has not resolved itself within 10-14 days, it is necessary to be seen by your doctor, either your physician or dentist depending on whee the injury has been sustained. Get things examined as soon as possible.
Answered on Jan 5, 2015
2
Dr. Joseph Ritz
45 years experience Dentistry
See a dentist asap: After a simple soft-tissue injury like a lip-biting incident, two months should be more than enough time for healing. For this reason i would suggest that you have the area examined by either a general dentist or an oral surgeon as soon as possible.
Answered on Feb 23, 2014
2
Dr. Bruce Pope
44 years experience Dentistry
Minor salivary gland: Most likely the duct from a minor gland was blocked and a small round ball formed. You did not notice until you bit it. Once traumatized they can take awhile to go away. Following repeated trauma, they can fill in with scar tissue to become a permanent firm bump. After 2 months, and it is still sore, it is time to see a dentist.
Answered on Feb 9, 2017
2