U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Verona, PA
A 19-year-old female asked:

I am having full body random shaking fits that last a few seconds to five to fifteen minutes. get tingly feeling after they are done what is this :(?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Seizure/epilepsy: You might be describing a seizure. Since you're presumably awake, these might be focal seizures. If you lose consciousness, then these are referred to as generalized seizures. Regardless you need to go see your family doctor who can then do some simple testing & refer you to an epileptologist for further evaluation. Check out http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/epilepsy/ds00342 for some info.
Last updated Mar 29, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.