U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old female asked:

Can body odor in armpit be cured?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Control: Can't be cured but controlled: good hygiene, deodorant, antiperspirant... Some foods will also change the odor of your sweat.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 46-year-old member asked:

How can you stop armpit (body odor) smell?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 42 years experience
Hygiene: And deodorant. Also avoid spicy foods and certain vegetables if they seem to aggravate the problem. Check w/your doctor.
A 16-year-old female asked:

If waxing your armpit reduce body odor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Troy Ross
Occupational Medicine 25 years experience
No: Body odor is a combination oils produced by your skin and bacteria that live on your skin. You can make things better by eating healthier food , less sugar/starch and stay away from food cooked high temperature oils. The other thing to try is using a salt based deodorant.
A 22-year-old male asked:

Can body wash be enough to remove armpit odor ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Wilson
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Armpit odour: I would use an anti-bacterial soap for this area. This type of soap is also good for the "private" areas.
Last updated Apr 4, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.