U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

Have scoliosis my pelvis is uneven so one leg is shorter than the other and i'm usually in pain when i walk more than 20 mins. any suggestions?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 15 years experience
Shoe lift: Using a shoe lift to fill the space on the shorter side is helpful. A physiatrist or a good orthotist can help you figure out what is the right thickness for the shoe lift. Trying several thicknesses is important, sometimes completely filling the space to the floor is too much. There will be some trial and error.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 42 years experience
You should be seen : By an orthopedic spine surgeon who can evaluate you in terms of the scoliosis and to assess as to other potential reasons for the leg length discrepancy including the possibility that you have a true leg length discrepancy that has lead to the pelvic obliquity or unevenness that may have caused a scoliosis rather than the other way around. Or it could be both or even other possibilities.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.