Mauritius

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i had severe septicemia. i had to be on 3 antibiotics namely meropenem, rocephin (ceftriaxone) and amicacin. is there any risk for foetus?

Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Thoracic Surgery 39 years experience
Depends: Septicemia from what? Ultimately you need to have the cause of septicemia corrected. The fetus may be in jeopardy if severe hypotension results from septicemia.
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Pregnancy risks: The first 60 days following conception is the period of highest risks to the fetus. This is the period during which all organs are being formed.
Risk ?: Sepsis is an infection in the blood. You share your blood flow with the fetus. I wouldn't be as concerned about the drugs as I would about the germ. If you really had severe septicemia the fetus did too and I would expect the pregnancy to be lost.

Last updated Dec 31, 2017