Mauritius

I am 9 weeks pregnant and i had severe septicemia. i had to be on 3 antibiotics namely meropenem, rocephin (ceftriaxone) and amicacin. is there any risk for foetus?

Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Thoracic Surgery 40 years experience
Depends: Septicemia from what? Ultimately you need to have the cause of septicemia corrected. The fetus may be in jeopardy if severe hypotension results from septicemia.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Pediatric Critical Care 32 years experience
Pregnancy risks: The first 60 days following conception is the period of highest risks to the fetus. This is the period during which all organs are being formed.
Risk ?: Sepsis is an infection in the blood. You share your blood flow with the fetus. I wouldn't be as concerned about the drugs as I would about the germ. If you really had severe septicemia the fetus did too and I would expect the pregnancy to be lost.
Last updated Dec 31, 2017