Landenberg, PA

40mg citalopram in am, 4mg klonopin during day, 900mg gabapentin w dinner, 25mg seroquel @ night. can i take 10mg of ambien (zolpidem) with the seroquel?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
No: No, u r already on multiple medications and many of them sedative.
Dr. Louis Cady
Yes, but...: The answer is yes. The question is: is it advisable? 1) there is not a drug-drug interaction with Ambien (zolpidem) with any of these, but it is an additive effect. 2) if you are still having sleep problems, there is a possibility that the underlying psych problem is not controlled. You are already on a stiff doze of benzos and 900 mg gabap. At dinner is high. I would favor refining tx of main problem.