Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) bad for me?

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Sophie Duriez answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Not if: It has been prescribed to you to treat a diagnosed condition after a face to face evaluation and complete examination. If it is the case & u have concern about it, you should talk again to the doctor who prescribed it to u. But if u take it on ur own without any prescription, u take it at ur own risk. Please do not do that ever. Be safe, ok?

Answered 5/9/2016

5.2k views

Not for ADHD: Under your additional info it says that you are taking adderall, vyvanse, (lisdexamfetamine) and strattera. I would question the combination as all are stimulants and usually not used concomitantly. You may want to discuss this with your doctor as the more medicine you take the greater the likelihood for side effects. I always try to keep things simple. Good luck.

Answered 5/9/2016

5.2k views

Dr. Alan Ali answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine): If prescribed for your ADHD, it is worth a try.

Answered 3/31/2015

3k views