U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old male asked:

I am suffering from obstructive azoospermia, is their any treatment?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jay Nemiro
Fertility Medicine 46 years experience
Yes: Depending on the cause of the obstruction, it may be able to be repaired; if not, and/or you decide against surgery, sperm can be recovered from the testicle in a procedure known as tesa or testicular sperm aspiration. Your partner's eggs are then recovered and a single sperm can be injected into a single egg, known as icsi, or intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Pregnancy rates can often be good.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 48-year-old member asked:
Azoospermia (nil sperms in semen analysis) - any treatment possible?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 32-year-old male asked:
Azoospermia is 100% treatments by herbal medicines?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
What is the cure for someone suffering from azoospermia?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 26-year-old male asked:
To cure azoospermia, which one is better, microsurgery - tese or microdissection-tese? And why?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jul 6, 2013

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.