India

i have back ache.its mainly in lower left side.i have felt a small lump over the area that aches.ache is persistent and severe sometimes.please help.

Dr. Scott Tromanhauser
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 35 years experience
Get help : If the pain is severe and persistent then seek help. You deserve to have your pain evaluated. Start with you pcp. You can always consider seeing a spine physiatrist if your pcp is not comfortable treating you. Most episodes of back pain get better in 4 weeks. If it has been longer than this call your doc.
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
Back Pain and lump: Symptoms of a "knot" or "lump" are most likely a muscle spasm if painful. Alas, may simply be a normal variation, but could also indicate sacroiliac pain (not serious) or facet syndrome (pain made worse by extending the back as a result of pressure on the small joints in the spine). Lumps can also be benign tumors, but usually not painful see a doc if no better.