VA

Please tell me about schizophrenia disease?

Dr. Robert Olsen
Very Difficult.: Schizophrenia is a disease or group of diseases of unknown cause that cause disruptions in thinking and logic. Without treatment, it/they are progressive and reduce the person's ability to think and take care of themselves. The main treatments are medications, and then therapy to help/learn new/better coping and survival skills. A psychiatrist is best suited to help persons with this disease.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
About schizophrenia: Schizophrenia has positive, negative & cognitive sxs. A person with positive sxs loses touch with reality with hallucinations or delusions. Negative sxs: lack of pleasure; failing to take care of every day functions; losing motivation; inability to carry out plans & isolation. Cognitive symptoms could include problems focusing, memory problems or difficulty understanding what is going on.