Good morning doctor, my feet is so itchy and my toenail is becoming thick and skin of my toe is scaly and when is itchy i scracht it until bloods come?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jeffery VanYperen answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Athlete's foot: This can be caused by a fungal infection, called tinea pedis (commonly known as athlete's foot). It can also be caused by excessive dryness. Sometimes it is difficult to tell which it is just by looking. A podiatrist could take some skin shavings and send them for biopsy, or start an antifungal cream to see if it improves. If not, moisturizing cream is recommended.

Answered 6/16/2014

5.2k views

Dr. Thomas Graziano answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Itchy skin: Your description sounds typical of fungal infection. Fungal infections of the skin are called tinea pedis and those of the nail are called onychomycosis. Depending on the severity of the condition, oral antifungal medication may be your best hope in resolving the issue. I often prescribe both topical and oral medication when both skin and nails are involved.

Answered 11/19/2018

5.2k views