IL

My doctor told me i have elevated liver enzymes. she said lay off tylenol (acetaminophen) and alcohol. is this something i have to do for the rest of my life?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
High liver enzymes: Depends on what is the cause of the elevated liver enzymes . Continue to see your doctor until the cause is determined and continue to follow his advice to keep yourself safe.
Dr. Kevin Passer
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Probably not: Your liver enzymes should be rechecked in a couple of months or so. If they are normal, you can probably drink in moderation, especially if you don't take any more acetaminophen.

Last updated Sep 8, 2012