My kids recently treated for scabies. im worried that what i thought was acne on my baby may be scabies. how are they treated on babies. shes 1 month.

Dr. Oscar Novick
Baby acne: You were probably right in the first place . More than likely your infant had baby acne. Scabies is extremely itchy so i wouldn't worry.
Dr. Dwain Rickertsen
Family Practice: Scabies usually will not affect the face. And probably is baby acne. I would observe and see if it spreading it could wait till next visit if not bothering your baby.
Dr. Heather Silverberg
Wait and see: The medicine for scabies is a last resort in infants. It's really icky and potentially toxic for babies, so the preferred approach for safety would be to wait and see if it's acne and will get better on its own. Good luck. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

Last updated Oct 4, 2016