Hennepin, OK

Sir, my blood pressure was 130/100. i started exercise.but still my diastolic component is100 and systolic is 120. sir, i am worried about 100 reading?

Dr. Afshine Emrani
Cardiology 28 years experience
Yes: You need to lower that number- the top no more than 120 and the bottom no more than 30. Look up dash diet- you need to minimize your salt intake, exercise and reduce stress. If still high, then it could be familial and you may need medication.
Dr. Michael Shapiro
Cardiology 22 years experience
It can be treated: You are correct, the diastolic (bottom number) blood pressure is too high. However, we do not make a diagnosis of high blood pressure with just 1 reading. If it remains elevated (above 90) on future readings than there are a number of lifestyle modifications you can make such as more aerobic exercise, optimal diet with low salt, and weight loss. If that doesn't work you may need medication.

Last updated Apr 20, 2018