Sir, my blood pressure was 130/100. i started exercise.but still my diastolic component is100 and systolic is 120. sir, i am worried about 100 reading?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Yes: You need to lower that number- the top no more than 120 and the bottom no more than 30. Look up dash diet- you need to minimize your salt intake, exercise and reduce stress. If still high, then it could be familial and you may need medication.

Answered 9/29/2017

5.3k views

Dr. Michael Shapiro answered

Specializes in Cardiology

It can be treated: You are correct, the diastolic (bottom number) blood pressure is too high. However, we do not make a diagnosis of high blood pressure with just 1 reading. If it remains elevated (above 90) on future readings than there are a number of lifestyle modifications you can make such as more aerobic exercise, optimal diet with low salt, and weight loss. If that doesn't work you may need medication.

Answered 4/20/2018

5.3k views