ME

I went to see a second opinion for my knee and was told i had arthritis while the surgeon told me i didn't how can that be? please help

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Hard to say: It is hard to say without having been involved in the conversation. Sometimes doctors will use different terms to describe arthritic changes in a joint so both doctors might have agreed but expressed themselves differently. On the other hand, they might have honestly felt differently about whether or not you have arthritis. Thank you for your question.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me explain: Do you pain in the knee? Dose the knee get swollen, it is more with activity or not? Did you have an MRI done on the knee? If the answer to these questions is yes ? You will be able to know if you arthritis.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016