Victorville, CA

can migraines give u seizure like symptoms. i know they do strokes but i had a seizuer but i was still coherant but could not remember dates and days?

Dr. Tibor Becske
Neurology 31 years experience
Not real ones: Tga -transient global amnesia - episode of confusional state without ante grade memory - is thought to be a migraine related event. Used to be thought of as possible seizure. If you had a " real" convulsive seizure, that would not be from your migraine. Pls see a neurologist.
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Seizure or migraine: Probably the greatest similarity between migraine symptoms and seizure symptoms is the "positive visual symptoms" that some people with migraines get. These feel like shiny lights, dots, waves or other visual distortions prior to the headache. Sometimes these are similar to occipital epileptic seizures.
Dr. Anita Prakash
Cardiology 29 years experience
You ought to be evaluated by a reputable neurologist and give him/her a detailed history.
Oct 21, 2014