This question is more dental, i have a few really bad teeth. recently i have been drinking alkiline water. is it safe for my bad teeth?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Scott Bobbitt answered

Specializes in Dentistry

"really bad" teeth usually means rampant decay--the result of acid dissolving of the teeth by dietary, gastric reflux and/or bacterial conversion of sugars into acid. Unfortunately, lemon water is the most common alkaline water as it promotes an alkaline environment after digestion. But while in the glass and the mouth, citric acid is highly acidic and destructive to the teeth. Lemonade is worse!

Answered Mar 4, 2013

5.3k views