i have had pneumonia for 9 months now. what else can i do to get rid of it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
I doubt it: Pneumonia is either cured in 2-4 weeks (with antibiotics usually) or you would have been in more serious trouble over the period of 9 months! i suspect that you may have bronchitis or emphysema which is often the result of chronic smoking. Are you a smoker? If you are not a smoker, you need to ask your doctor to give you a more plausible diagnosis...It can not be pneumonia!
Answered on Apr 11, 2018
Dr. Dean Giannone
Doubt pneumonia.: Pneumonia generally doesn't last any time close to the twenty months you've described. I'd be concerned that something else is going on. You need an intensive evaluation to uncover the true cause of your illness.
Answered on Nov 19, 2015