My neighbor was admited hospital for malaria, at d same time its found tht she had anemia, can that be life threatening situation?

Dr. Christian Schultheis
Hematology and Oncology 25 years experience
Depends: Depends on what parasite. Falciparum malaria is the most dangerous type and can be life threatening. Red blood cells that are infected with the parasite tend to cause sludging of the blood which can lead to injury to the brain, kidneys, lungs nd other organs. The other types can make one feel like they have the flu. Hope this helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.