Can i get a reverse epidural steroid injection?

Dr. Richard O'Leary
Anesthesiology 29 years experience
Reverse??: I'm not sure what a reverse epidural is. Epidural steroids are injected in the spine to lessen inflamation and thereby provide pain relief. I have never heard one referred to as "reverse".
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Unless you are talking about a Lysis of Adhesions procedure in which the injection travels up to the problem area.
Mar 6, 2013
Dr. Ihab Ibrahim
Pain Management 29 years experience
Do you mean a Lysis of Adhesions?
Mar 6, 2013
Dr. Gregg Friedman
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Gregg L. Friedman MD, Psychiatrist agrees
Mar 6, 2013
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Leanswered
Pain Management 17 years experience
ESI: An epidural corticosteroid injection is is used to treat the radicular pain. It is believed that the steroid reduces the inflammation around the nerve root and alleviates the pain. Sometimes the effect is temporary, but other times the benefits continue even after the steroids have lost their effectiveness. It is an elective procedure. It is not a reserve procedure.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Unsure?: I am not sure what a reverse epidural steroid injection.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 27 years experience
What is that?: I have never heard of a reverse epidural steroid injection.