Canada

Today i cut the palm of my hand requiring 6 stitches, also hit an artery. my fingers are very swollen, can you suggest home care? dr was brief.

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me help: When you say your fingers are swollen, this tell may be the bandage you have on is too tight, so you re- rapped without too much pressure. Keep your hand elevated that also will help. This area of the hand have a lot of structures in it, possibly could be damaged so follow up is very important. Good luck.
Dr. Mark Ciaglia
Hand Surgery 17 years experience
Elevate & Re-eval: Swollen fingers after a trauma to the hand can be worrisome. You state that an artery was cut...Sometimes the vein is cut as well, if that was tied off when they placed stitches the hand will have a hard time effectively draining causing swelling. Infection can cause swelling as well. If not on an abt and painfull swelling see a hand surgeon asap to prevent further complications.

Last updated Jun 23, 2018