U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old member asked:

What can i do to increase fertility? im in my 20s, lost over 145lbs, no known health issues. trying now for at least 4+yrs with no results...help?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine 26 years experience
Fertility evaluation: Infertility evaluation is recommended if unsuccessfully trying to conceive for 1 year (6 months if > 35 years old). While weight may certainly play a role, other factors should be considered - are the fallopian tubes patent? Is the sperm count adequate? Is ovulation occurring at normal intervals? Thus, seeking an infertility evaluation with your doctor would be the most important first step.
Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Congrats!!!: Congrats on your weight loss - that's awesome! if someone isn't pregnant after one year of trying, there's usually one, huge problem, or, more commonly, several issues interfering with conception. See a board certified reproductive endocrinologist so you and your partner can be tested to find out why you haven't conceived as well as what you can do to fulfill your dream.
Last updated Sep 20, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.