India

there are many websites that offer herbal medicine for vitiligo that guaranteed 100% cure or even offer refund if it doesn't work. are they for real?

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 43 years experience
No : No but there's new treatment coming from australia.
Dr. Brad Eilerman
Endocrinology 20 years experience
No: Herbal medications do not have testing or approval to treat or diagnose any illness. Some herbal medications have real physiological effects and some are beneficial, they just do not face the same scrutiny as prescription drugs. If an herbal remedy was 100% effective, there would almost certainly be a mainstream option as well. I am not aware of an 100% effective treatments for vitiligo.
Dr. Michael Amster
Specializes in Pediatrics
No, but....: 100% cure? Marvelous! i'd like to get that.... No, unfortunately most of those are scams. Many millions in this country and around the world suffer from vitiligo, and if somebody could patent a treatment for it, they'd make a fortune. My guess is that you'd be hard pressed to get that refund.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Vitiligo: Each patient responds differently to therapy, and a particular treatment may not work for everyone. Current treatment options for vitiligo include medication, surgery, and adjunctive therapies (used along with surgical or medical treatments). I really doubt that herbal therapy is 100% effective.