U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

Its more than 12 months now and i can't get pregnant after i had an abortion, what should i do?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
See Gynecologist: Either yours, or can go directly to fertility specialist for evaluation and testing. After trying for 12 months, suggests may be some other issue present. Will check his sperm count & your hormone levels, and then further eval if no answer there.
Dr. Milroy Samuel
Obstetrics and Gynecology 25 years experience
If you have are having a period every month and have the same partner who got you pregnant earlier, then you should be able to get pregnant
Feb 24, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 27, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.