Turkey

i was diagnosed with bipolar depression in new york now i live in turkey and my family doctor here gave me lustral 100mg what's for me please help?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Lustral: Lustral is another name for sertraline, or zoloft here in the us. It's an ssri antidepressant. I hope you're also on a mood stabilizer before taking it, since if you truly are bipolar there's a risk of hypomania or mania if taking an antidepressant without one. You might want to remind your family doctor you are bipolar, and also consult with a psychiatrist.
Dr. Gregg Friedman
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Gregg L. Friedman MD, Psychiatrist, Agrees
Feb 24, 2013
Dr. Jon Schneider
Lustral (sertraline): Lustral is an anti-depressant. First line treatment for bipolar disorder are mood stabilizers such as lithium. An important question is the accuracy of your diagnosis. It is not always easy to tell the difference between bipolar disorder and major depression. If you have a clear diagnosis of bipolar disorder, it would be best to be on a mood stabilizer first. Then consider an antidepressant.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016