Aliso Viejo, CA

I'm treating my plantar wart with aldara (imiquimod) and tagamet. it's much less tender now but hasn't diminished in size very much. is the treatment working?

Dr. Eugene Batelli
Podiatry 23 years experience
Off label use : While they are both good treatments, studies have shown poor results with Aldara (imiquimod) for foot warts because the medication does not penetrate well. High dose tagamet is really indicated in the pediatric world because the adult dose required is extremely high. Laser therapy and electrodessication are effective and quick. There are better topicals like 5-fu and pyrogallic acid.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
See your physician: These are powerful medications. Having less pain is a step in the right direction. Have you physician evaluate the area to compare it with how it was prior to treatment.

Last updated Apr 17, 2018