India

I hav a pigeon chest.how do i get rid of it?

Dr. Christopher Dougherty
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Knock knees: The alignment of your chest is how your skelton formed as you developed. In order to change the alignment of the bones you would need an osteotomy where the bone is cut and a plate & screws or other device is used to hold the new alignment until it heals in about 8 wks. Unless you have pain from your alignment it may not be for you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 51 years experience
Let me explain: Pigeon chest, is a deformity of the chest characterized by a protrusion of the sternum and ribs. In children, teenagers, and young adults who have pigen chest and are motivated to avoid surgery, the use of a customized chest-wall brace that applies direct pressure on the protruding area of the chest produces excellent outcomes. For patients with severe pectus carinatum, surgery may be necessary.