U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Saudi Arabia
A 22-year-old male asked:

Am alwayes constepated and have had hemoroids more than once , i drink water and eat fibers but not alwayes , what shall i do ?!

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Clare Wilmot
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Lifestyle: Be quiet when you sit on the toilet. Make a special time to be alone. Substitute water for soda. Eat plain organic yoghurt twice a day with a teaspoon of metamucil and drink a glass of water. Eat fruit like pears, veg like celery and tomatoes every day... Sleep enough. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Colon and Rectal Surgery 17 years experience
See a doctor: I would advise you to discuss with a gastroenterologist or your primary care doc. They would take a thorough history. Most often this can be managed with diet alone, however there are subtle hints that would indicate needing further testing/procedures. That can only be evaluated by your doc in person. For now, try MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) solution - it's a safe laxative.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.