IN

i have got rashes and itchy skin on buttocks. how do i cure it?

Dr. Patricio Gargollo
Pediatric Urology 21 years experience
Yeast infection: Sounds like a yeast infection. Go see a doctor to be evaluated.

Do colds lead to ear infections in children?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Yes: Colds tend to precede the onset of an ear infection in children. This is because a cold causes fluid to develop in the middle ear, that at times may get infected by bacteria or viruses. Ways to decrease your baby's risk of ear infections are: 1) avoid smoke exposure, 2) try to limit pacifier use in those prone to ear infections, and 3) avoid having your baby drink milk laying down flat.

Could my child have measles if he broke out in a rash after getting the MMR vaccine?

Dr. Richard Saul
Yes: It is not unusual to have a rash after a measles vaccine. This is not measles nor contagous.

I suffer with chrohns and I have a colostomy and the skin around the stoma burns so bad that it brings tears to my eyes. Do you have any suggestions?

Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care 42 years experience
Peristomal wound: When i see a patient who has difficulties with peristomal wound or pain, i generally try to ascertain cause. Usually, if there is no underlying pathology, the skin is irritated by the adhesive. Using a hydrocolloid dressing beneath the adhesive may reduce the difficulties.

Thick nasal mucus - I have to blow my nose very hard to get the plug feeling out, it is commonly very thick, white (not clear). Should I be concern?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Thick nasal mucus: Thick nasal mucus can be related to sinusitis, but not necessarily. If you have chronic allergies or recurrent infections you should consult a doctor who can identify if there is an opportunity to improve nasal inflammation with sprays or treat infection with antibiotics. You may benefit from good nasal hygiene as well which involves using salt water rinses to clear mucus and allergens.
MA

Can atarax (hydroxyzine) cause itching on feet and palms after stopping the medication?

Dr. Norman Levine
Dermatology 51 years experience
Atarax (hydroxyzine): Atarax (hydroxyzine) does not cause itching rather, stopping the drug causes the suppressed itch to come out once again.

Last updated May 1, 2014