Mexico

what adverse effects an infection in brain can cause?

Serious: Could lead to serious neurologic sequella and possibly coma or death.

Should I be worried about a parvovirus infection?

Dr. Thad Woodard
Specializes in Pediatrics
No: In general this infection, causing fifth's disease, in children is mild and is uncommon in adults but can cause complications in pregnant women, people with sickle cell anemia or immune deficiency.

I feel like I could have a brain tumor, how much would it cost to have a test done to see? I have medicaid and i'm in texas.

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice 31 years experience
Insurance covers: Get seen by your primary doctor and she will order to proper test (e.g. Mri, ct) for you. If medically indicated tests are 'covered' under medicaid.

Can you inform me about whole brain irradiation?

Dr. Julian Bragg
Neurology 17 years experience
Prophylactic: Whole brain irradiation is often used as a prophylactic treatment for patients who have been diagnosed with a cancer that has a high rate of metastasis to the brain. The idea is to prevent the growth of metastases that are too small to be seen.
Mobile, AL

Infection in esophagus?

Dr. Kamel Sadek
Possible: If you are asking if a person can get an infection in the esophagus, the answer is yes. Infection can occur in any part of the body. If you are asking about esophagitis, it does not have to be an actual infection caused by a bacteria, virus, fungus, or parasite. It can mean irritation of the esophageal mucosa from recurrent exposure to refluxed stomach acid, mostly affecting the lower esophagus.

Is deep brain stimulation suggested for Parkinson's disease?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery 27 years experience
Yes: It is more successful than creating lesions within the brain. It is especially good in younger onset patients- yet can be placed in middle age patients. The location of the stimulation is what the neurosurgeon will determine to achieve the best benefit. Look for a specialist in functional neurosurgery.
Dr. Zachary Levine
Neurosurgery 28 years experience
You work with your neurosurgeon and neurologist to achieve the best results. This is a cooperative effort. Choose specialists with experience and a team that communicates well
May 28, 2014

Last updated Feb 17, 2013