Ghana

i have g6pd what should i do?

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
There are: Medications which you would be more sensitive to. An example would be dapsone. Make sure a prescribing doc has this information.

India

Safe medicine for g6pd patient?

Dr. Scott Diede
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
G6PD meds: What medicine specifically are you concerned about, or at least what class of medicine do you need. Rather than try to list them here, see this link for a list of g6pd meds that are low-risk: http://www.G6pd.Org/en/g6pddeficiency/safeunsafe/lowrisk.Aspx and here is a list of high-risk drugs: http://www.G6pd.Org/en/g6pddeficiency/safeunsafe/daevitare_iss-it.

Is tiki tiki safe for g6pd?

Dr. Scott Diede
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Would not recommend: In trying to determine what is in "tiki-tiki", I have run across a number of g6pd forums asking a similar question and the consensus is not safe for g6pd. I do not know why you want to take tiki-tiki (or give tiki-tiki to your child), but i would say the risk/benefit ratio favors staying away from it if you have g6pd. A hemolytic crisis is not worth it. Find something else instead of tiki-tiki.

Is tikitiki good for g6pd deficient?

Dr. Scott Diede
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Romania
A male asked:

Hallo is cefuroxim safe for g6pd?

Dr. Richard Roberts
Yes: anybody with G6PD should memorize a list of substances which can cause their blood cells to burst. Like fava beans or naphthalene moth balls.
A male asked:

Is tiki tiki safe for g6pd patient?

Dr. Harinder Gill
Cardiology 39 years experience
Supplements: No information to answer your question:write to the manufacturer & ask