my bilirubin levels are high:total 3.98 umol/l, direct 1.77 umol/l, indirect 2.21 umol/l. all 3 are the diff from normal lvls. what do they mean?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Glueck
56 years experience Clinical Lipidology
Inherited?: You may have an inherited disorder called krigler-najjar syndrome. It is not medically significant. Have someone review all of your bilirubin levels from the past. If they are all in this range, the kn syndrome is most likely. If this is a new finding however, go you your doctor for workup of hepatic dysfunction. Cj glueck md.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
1
43 years experience Pathology
In the USA, Gilbert's (the mild version of Crigler-Najjar) is put in a separate diagnostic category; I would be surprised if this were Gilbert's since direct is also up. Dr. Glueck is giving you good advice to insist your personal phyiscian explain the ensuing workup to you. Good luck.
Feb 18, 2013
Dr. Bassam Amawi
48 years experience Psychiatry
As above: I do 't want to scare u , therefore try to discuss this with u pcp.
Answered on Aug 28, 2016
1