How do i heal a open wound?

Dr. Ernest Isaacson
Podiatry 22 years experience
Depends: Need more info as to the location size and history of the wound as well as your relevant medical history. The bottom line is that dead tissue should be cleaned away and the wound should be dressed and changed as appropriate, ideally daily, and your nutrition should be optimized.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 37 years experience
Superfast healing: The trick is to avoid things that slow down healing. Keep the wound covered and away from open air, avoid toxic substances like peroxide, alcohol, and betadine. Avoid anti-inflammation medicines like Motrin and advil (ibuprofen) as inflammation is important in healing. Protect the wound from stress and trauma. Dressing changes every other to every third day to allow your will and to do its thing.