Plano, TX

dry mouth & difficulties breathing 15 min after taking 12.5 mg spironolactone. is this related. does amlodipine interact with spironolactone.

Dr. Gary Klugman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Dry mouth, yes: Both drugs can cause dry mouth making you more susceptible to decay. More pressing is the breathing difficulties and that should be addressed by you physician asap.
Dr. Gustavo Ruiz de Castilla
Periodontics 32 years experience
Side effects: One of the numerous side effect of spironolactone is troubled breathing. You need to advise your physician asap about this side effect. Amlodipine does not interact with spironolactone.