Can headbanging cause brain damage?i'm the lead vocalist in a metal band. will my headbanging cause permanent damage to my brain or lower my iq?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Yes on both counts: If you bang your head hard enough and long enough you might end up some of the football players and cause permanent damage.
Dr. Richard Levenson
Anxiety Disorders 33 years experience
Headbanging: Yes. You can do severe damage to your brain by repeated blows which would result in decreased iq.
Dr. MANNAN RAZZAK
It's the repetitive motion of your brain moving within the skull and actually hitting the inner aspect of the skull that are blows.
Apr 7, 2013
Last updated May 20, 2013