U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Santa Rosa, CA
A 32-year-old female asked:

I 'm having problems with my stomach since the last 10 years, when strong foods or alcohol. i take omeprazol, sometimes is not enough. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Go see your doctor: Perhaps your Omeprazole dose isn't large enough. There are other options besides omeprazole. Or maybe you have something else besides peptic ulcer disease (pud). So go see your family doctor & ask about undergoing an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (egd) to look inside your stomach. If PUD is present, you might have an h pylori infection. Of course, you can undergo breath test even before egd.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.