I severely sprained my ankle and chipped a bone nearly two months ago and i'm still having problems. why can't i stand very long without having pain?

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Christopher Brown answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

Bad ankle sprain: Bad ankle sprain can take a while to get better. U could have associated injury to the ankle cartilage or "high ankle sprain"that a MRI could provide more info.

Answered 6/10/2014

5.3k views

Dr. Payam Rafat answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Have it evaluated.: Pain may last a long time following a foot or ankle injury. An x-ray can show if there is an underlying fracture. You may have a soft tissue injury if it is just a sprain and may have damaged the muscle, tendon, or ligaments in the area. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

Answered 3/22/2014

4.3k views

Not sure.: You should seek a second opinion for an orthopedic foot/ankle specialist.

Answered 6/30/2016

3.5k views

BACK TO YOUR DR: You should go back to your doctor. You may need repeat x-rays or even an MRI. Regards, Dr. Latva

Answered 11/27/2017

1.3k views