United Kingdom

can an ear infection cause cervical lymph nodes to swell have two swollen for over month quite scared ?

Dr. David Schleimer
Yes: The lymphatic system is anatomically and physiologically designed to drain the inflammatory fluids that are a result of an infection such as you describe. The cervical (neck) nodes may drain ear infections and may stay swollen quite a while after the acute stage of infection is gone. If after more time passes and no swelling reduces it would be wise to see your primary care physician. Good luck!
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology 29 years experience
Yes: Yes i agree dr. David schleimer, the cervical nodes may swell and may stay swollen for sometimes two or three months after the acute stage of ear infection is gone.
Dr. David Schleimer
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Why not agree with my answer below (as I have yours), they in no way contradict each other; you just said it more "succinctly".
Jan 30, 2013