NY

my boyfriend is 22, if he gets circumcised will it take away from his sexual experience? do you recommend this surgery when your an adult?

Dr. David Miller
Dr. David Milleranswered
For what reason?: With any elective surgical procedure, you need a clear reason for doing it. Circumcision, like any surgical procedure, must not be undertaken lightly. Indeed, the urologist is likely going to ask similar questions before agreeing to perform the procedure. In terms of sexual experience, i don't see it having much impact on that.
The self appointed penis expert above has likely never encountered a kid with a glans penis trapped by a retracted foreskin that will self destruct unless the foreskin is removed. But actual facts aren't appreciated by opinionated folks.
Jul 13, 2012
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
No routine circ: I don't recommend routine circumcision. If he has medical condition that requires circumcision for treatment, then he should have it done. He will not suffer a major decrease in sexual pleasure right away. Whether he will in the long run is debatable, but if so, i don't think it is going to be a major problem. Circumcised men do just as well as the uncircumcised.
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Why is he doing it?: Sexual experience will be different, may be better may be worse. He should only have a circumcision if his foreskin is too tight to retract. Often a simple frenulotomy (dividing penile frenum) is all that is require if foreskin retraction or sex is painful from a tight frenulum..