West Jordan, UT

Tapering of remeron, down to 5mg. take xanax (alprazolam) 0.5mg bedtime only. have lack of appetite, insomnia and anxiety. when can i start 5htp or st. john's wort?

Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Don't play Doctor: I recommend you discuss and get evaluated by the doctor who prescribed to you Remeron and xanax (alprazolam). Don't play with your dosages or taper yourself without a physician supervision. You may have a relapse which may be risky.Dont try otc meds, st. John or else unless you talk with your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Imad Khreim
Now: You can start now, you can combine Remeron at this level with st. John's wort. I, however don't recommend use of xanax, (alprazolam) it is one of the short acting benzos, and more often than not it is associated with worsening anxiety as you continue to take it good luck.
Last updated May 7, 2016