U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

What do i do for a badly pained foot?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
See a podiatrist...: You can take otc or prescription anti-inflammatories to decrease the discomfort of arthritis, wear cushioned insoles to decrease pressure when walking, or have a surgical procedure to potentially re-align or fuse the joints that are giving you pain. It's impossible to tell for sure without a face-to-face exam.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Depends on the cause: Foot pain may be due to: trauma (fracture, sprains, arthritis), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), structural (bunion, hammertoes), or biomechanical abnormality, blood clot, or nerve damage (neuropathy). A thorough history and physical exam by a professional and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams may help to determine the right cause and appropriate treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.